Dear students and parents,
According to last spring’s experience of online learning and teaching, feedback from students and some parents and some recommendations of the Ministry of Education, the PYP teachers agreed on the following format of online learning:
- On Monday at 8:20, students (parents) will receive the instructions for the whole week’s work.
- Every day, students and homeroom teachers will meet via Teams at the specified hour:
Kindergarten: 10:15 – 11:00
1m: 8:30 – 9:15
2m: 9:15 – 10:00
3m: 9:15 – 10:00
4m: 9:15 – 10:00
5m: 8:30 – 9:15
- If students need additional help or advice from other PYP teachers, they are available via Teams.
- Students can send their completed work via Seesaw during the week, but all the work has to be sent via Seesaw by Friday at 12:00.
The objectives of this week’s online learning are for students to:
- Become more independent,
- Meet daily with the homeroom teacher,
- Organize time efficiently,
- Hand in the completed work on time,
- Get familiar with two learner profile attributes,
- Practice certain ATL skills,
- Practice math skills in Seesaw (instructions during the Teams time),
- Reading for pleasure (English Reading Badge),
- Reflect on their work.
The Ministry of Education currently predicts that online learning will last two weeks. As soon as we find out any further information, we will let you know.
Students, be sure to read the instructions carefully because we do not want you to do more work than needed.
Your PYP teachers